This adapter should be considered a standard item in any computer technician's tool bag. It allows you to hook up a hard disk drive (IDE, Laptop IDE, or SATA) externally to a USB port on a computer. Works with any IDE or SATA device and is USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 Compatible and can operate at near USB 3.0 speeds. It is USB 3.0, though the images above may show the old 2.0 plug.
The adapter has connectors for 40 Pin IDE, 44 Pin IDE (Laptops) and SATA. It also includes an external power supply with the standard 4-pin molex plug and a SATA power plug. The USB cable is 24" long and the power supply cord is 36" long.
This set includes the following:
- USB 3.0 to IDE/Laptop/SATA adapter
- 6" SATA Male - SATA Male (Right Angle) cable
- 4-Pin Molex / SATA Power Supply Adapter Cable (Supplies 12VDC and 5VDC)
- 12VDC 2A DC Power Adapter
- Driver CD (Not required for most operating systems)
Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, Win 10 and many Linux distros. Along with MAC OSX
QTY: 1 x USB 3.0 to IDE/SATA Adapter