Gone are the days of soldering together linear voltage regulators, filtering capacitors and adjustable resistors to get a lower, stable power supply for your project.
This compact DC-DC Converter is a simple way to reduce a higher input voltage to a lower output voltage. Based on the LM2596 Buck Converter IC, It works at current up to 2A (3A with a heatsink) and has an efficiency of up to 92%.
The output voltage is adjustable between 1.5V-35VDC and the input voltage range is 4.5V-40VDC.
Max Current: 2A (3A with heatsink)
The output voltage can be adjusted using the on-board potentiometer.
Please note, you must turn the potentiometer many times (around 10) before the output voltage will change.
The module has over-current protection and is non-isolated. Solder pads are provided for connection to your voltage input and outputs leads. The solder pads will accept wire up to 18AWG. Two mounting holes on the board will pass a 6/32 screw.
You will need a multimeter to set the output voltage. To adjust the voltage, connect the meter to the output connections on the module and then turn on your power source. Turn the potentiometer clockwise or anti-clockwise until you reach the desired output voltage.
- Input Voltage: 4.5-40 VDC
- Output Voltage: 1.5-35 VDC
- Voltage Differential Required: Output Current: 2A, 3A with external heatsink or cooling
- Full load temperature rise: 40°C
- Voltage Regulation +/- 0.5%
- Dynamic Response Speed: 5% 200uS
- Efficiency: up to 92% (at 40VDC input, efficiency reduces as input voltage drops
- Switching Frequency: 150kHz
- Non-Isolated, Bucking Step-Down design
- Current-Limited / Over-Current Protection
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C ~ +85°C
Size: 42mm x 20mm x 10mm
This board comes in two versions: one has a red PCB and the other has a blue PCB. They are identical except for the color difference. We will ship you whichever happens to be in-stock at the time of your order.
QTY: 1 x DC-DC Adjustable Step-Down Voltage Regulator Module. 1.5-35VDC Outupt @ 2A
Product condition: New