Cree XLamp LED ModulePart number: VUPN7213
This aluminum-core PCB module has four Cree XLamp MC-E white LEDs, each of which contains four led dies - that's 16 dies in total. All 16 dies are connected in one long series, whose ends are broken out to red and black pigtail wires.
There is a PTC thermistor (Murata PRF18BG471QB1RB) bonded to the board, whose leads are broken out to the white pigtail wires. An external driver can monitor this thermistor to provide temperature regulation. The experimenter seeking to understand the nature of these LEDs might connect his multimeter to the thermistor in order to measure the temperature of the board during operation.
Eight mount-holes spaced evenly around the edge of the board allow for solid thermo-mechanical attachment to a heat sink.
To drive this board, we recommend a 700 mA constant-current driver having a compliance of at least 55 volts.
The LEDs on each module come from one of three of Cree's chromaticity bins: WC, WD, or WG. Accordingly, the black letters stamped on the module read either "WCK", "WDK", or "WGK" (The final "K" probably reflects the fact that these LEDs are from Cree's 'K' flux bin.) Cree provides precise definitions of their chromaticity and flux bins in their binning and labeling guide for XLamp MC-E LEDs. These three chromaticity bins are so similar that we have not bothered to list them as separate products; when you place your order, we will send you one of the three variants at random. If you have a specific preference, please note it in the order comments field during checkout.
- Minimum luminous flux at 350 mA: 1480 lumens.
- Minimum luminous flux at 700 mA: 2590 lumens.
- Color temperature: 5700K - 7000K (cool white).
- Forward voltage per LED die at 350 mA: 3.1 volts.
- Forward voltage per LED die at 700 mA: 3.4 volts.
- Viewing angle: 110 degrees.
- Overall diameter: 64.9 mm.
- Mount-hole diameter: 3.05 mm. The mount-holes are on the vertices of a regular octagon whose radius is 30.0 mm.
- datasheet for Cree XLamp MC-E LEDs (pdf download)
- datasheet for Murata PRF18BG471QB1RB thermistor (pdf download)
- binning and labeling guide for Cree XLamp MC-E LEDs (pdf download)