manufacturer part number: A4988/SP
The A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Module is the most popular stepper motor driver for 3D printing. The A4988 Motor Driver IC is soldered on to a carrier board along with the associated SMD components. The carrier board has 2 x 8-Pin single row headers soldered to it - it is ready to be dropped into your RAMPS, Sanguinololu, or other compatible controller board. A small SMD potentiometer provides current adjustment capability.
Most 3D printers require 4 of these modules.
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
- Adjustable current control - set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage for higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
QTY: 1 x A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Module for Velleman 3D Printer
Product condition: New